Do you need a gas strut for your application? Calculate your own gas strut. With the help of our calculator, you can assemble your own gas strut in inches. When you know where you would like to use your strut for, you can calculate yours so that it will be applicable to your application. For example, a strut for the lid of a toy box will need less gas than a gas strut for a heavy door or window. Therefore, it is important to calculate all of the details regarding your correct gas strut.
How to use the calculator?
You can enter the different details of your application in our calculator. Follow the following steps in order to calculate your gas strut in inches.
- Enter the length of your application in inches.
- Enter the height of the application.
- Fill in the angle to the horizontal in degrees when the cover is closed.
- Fill in the angle to the horizontal in degrees when the cover is open.
- Continue with the weight of the cover.
- Indicate where the pivot point is positioned; at the top, bottom or in the middle.
- Select the number of gas struts you would like to order. Most of the time two gas springs will be sufficient to open and close the cover. However, when two struts are placed on both sides of the cover, the cover becomes lopsided or it will not completely close. Therefore, you can also choose to place one strut in the middle of the cover.
- Choose steel or stainless steel.
- Fill in the width of the application in inches.
- Choose the material of the cover. We have the choice between, softwood, plastic, wood, hardwood, perspex, PVC, glass, aluminium or stainless steel.
- Add the temperature of the surroundings of your application. Temperatures do influence the force of the gas spring. At a higher temperature this needs to be higher than at lower temperatures.
- Select whether you would like to have a tension spring or not. A tension spring pulls on the cover whereas a gas strut pushes against the cover.
Please pay attention to the settings of the calculator. At the top of the calculator, you can choose whether you want to calculate in metric units or in imperial units. The metric system uses meters, liters and grams, whereas the imperial system uses feet, inches and ounches.
Gasspringshop.com is an online webshop that offers gas struts for all of your applications. We deliver your order within the range of 1-2 working days. If you are not happy with your order, you can return it by filling in the form. If you are in the need of any assistance, you can contact us anytime. Our staff would be happy to assist you in using the calculator.